Thursday, February 6, 2014

I tried cleaning my house, but then I got distracted.

Do you ever start cleaning your house and make all kinds of discoveries in the process?  You never knew your home was so filled with forgotten treasures.  I'm not talking about money or fancy jewels, you guys.  I'm talking about sentimental items.  I know, I know, I sound like a total corn dog already.  You should stick around for these though, because they might make you laugh.  Or they won't.  

First I should preface this by mentioning that I am a teacher.  During my student teaching in 2012, I taught kindergarten.  It was the most fun I've ever had, and ending that internship was one of the saddest days of my life.  As much as I hate crying in front of anyone, I totally cried all over that school that day.  In the midst of my crying, I probably scared a couple of children and maybe some adults too.  

My mentor teacher put together an awesome book full of letters and pictures from the kids and surprised me with it on my last day.  Today, I saw that book in my home office and decided to read through it again.  Here are two of my favorites from the book:

This picture:




I can say a couple of things about this picture

First of all, I love how this child drew a huge blue area, which I am guessing is the ceiling or the sky, and then he drew an orange box underneath of it that says orange with an arrow pointing to the blue area.  I'm guessing he would like to change the color of the sky.  Perhaps I am teaching a lesson in the sunset?

Secondly, I am guessing that is the student sitting in the chair and that is me standing up and teaching.  Is it just me, or do I appear very sassy in that picture?  I mean, look at my posture.  If I'm that sassy, I need to cool it.  That's just too much sass.

This letter:


Okay, I can explain.  They were gummy worms.  I didn't make them measure live worms and then eat them afterward.


I also stumbled upon this letter my little sister wrote me in my first year of college:



You've got to love how she started out writing a nice little letter and finished it off with, "Don't forget my birthday is coming up."  Nice move, kid.

I'm sure I'll share more random items that I stumble across in the future, but this will do for today.

Update from 2/8/14:  I posted this a couple of days ago.  Looking back at it now, I have to laugh at myself.  In the middle of cleaning my house, I thought, I just found some cool stuff that I forgot about.  I should definitely blog about it right now instead of finishing cleaning my house.  Maybe I should be responsible and finish cleaning.  No, I must write this blog post right away!  I have to practice using my scanner again; it has been a while.  This is a perfect example of how I'll find any excuse to get out of cleaning, and it is also a perfect example of how easily distracted I can get by just about anything.

8 comments:

  1. Jackie,

    I have been there. Cleaning leads to many neat discoveries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, so many discoveries! Usually the discoveries win, and my house is left terribly messy.

      Delete
  2. Your not alone when it comes to being easily distracted while cleaning. I clean best when I'm under pressure; like when company is coming, or I've decided to have a party. Nice post, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I work best under pressure too. That's pretty much the only way that I'll have a really clean house. I should probably start hosting dinner parties all the time.

      Delete
  3. I always find books the worst - I'll discover one that I haven't read for a while, and before you know it I've spent half an hour reading instead of cleaning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, books do that to me too. Along with everything else...

      Delete
  4. Lil sis here! That is such a me thing to write! Oh wait, maybe because I wrote that.... So Jack, my birthday has passed but Easter is around the corner. Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge. ;)
    - Paige

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paiger! Perhaps I'll send you a Cadbury Egg in the mail this year for Easter. We shall see ;)

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs